Friday, November 26, 2010

Outdoor Adventure

When trying to think of an idea for an outdoor adventure, my first thought was to visit the Crater of Diamonds State Park since Arkansas is considered the diamond state, but I felt that it wasn't really feasible for where I am located to expect students to tolerate a 5 hour bus ride for a field trip. So, I focused on something local, the Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park. This is one of the most intact battlefields from the Civil War, and on December 4-5, there will be a re-enactment that the students can watch as well. I also decided that the students could put on a mini skit for the parents on the effects of the war on the local citizens. I can remember visiting this park when I was a student, and anything that I remember about the Civil War, I learned on that day. It is such a great learning place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers