Thursday, November 11, 2010

Field Experience

On Monday the 8th, I started my field research experience at the Eureka Springs Middle School and I truly learned alot! During my first hour I observed an 8th grade Algebra class in which a student did push ups in exchange for her calculator that she left in the class. My second hour I observed a 6th grade literacy class in which the teacher used a coaching whistle to get his students attention. I also observed a 7th grade literacy class as well as a 5th grade math class. The 5th grade math class was Mr. Griffin's class in which I had permission to take a couple of photos, see below. He used a lot of modeling and guided practice and used a smart board, which the school just installed this year. I also interviewed the principal about block scheduling, which this school doesn't follow. The school district is too small, however the 5th and 6th grades have a modified block schedule that resembles a shorter block schedule then the average block. I learned so much more during my day and I look foward to more teacher interview and team meeting observations!



Mr. Griffin's 5th Grade Math

A student asking Mr. Griffin a math question

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers