Monday, October 25, 2010

Special Olympics and Other Reflections...

Friday was special Olympics bowling and I truly enjoyed being a part of it! It was so rewarding to see the smiles on the students faces when they knocked down the pins at the bowling lane!! Of course, everyone got a medal and there was so much excitement! My hands were black from constantly picking up the bowling balls and placing them on the ramp for the students to push down the lanes, but it was worth it all! After school, I made the 5 hour trek down south for my first MAT Saturday class. I learned so much more about using strategies and was able to get some questions answered about assignments. I was also reflecting on my way to class about the Chapter 7 study guide that I did on differentiated instructions. I truly feel that my experience in the self contained class room has helped me to have a better understanding of the importance of teaching different ways in order to meet the different learning needs of each student. After all, isn't that what teaching is all about, going above and beyond to help our students learn to the best of their ability?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers