Monday, October 18, 2010

Library Day

As a parapro at the High School that I work at, I am lucky enough to be the librarian once a week. I love it! I enjoy helping the students research speech topics and book report ideas and helping them search for books. The only downside to being the librarian is that the library at the school that I work at is VERY outdated! There is a new librarian this year who is working hard to update the check out/check in system as well as update books, card catalog, movies, etc. As a hint to how outdated this library is, I was cleaning out a file cabinet the other day and found slides for a movie projector as well as the big soft floppy disks that don't even fit in any modern computer any more!! In all, covering the library once a week allows me to interact with students in all grade levels 9-12 and gives my job some variety!

Below is a quick picture of the small library that I cover once a week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers