Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Create A Game Project

I really enjoyed creating and playing my game in a classroom setting last week. The game I created was called "Around The World" and was an excellent way to review for a test. I did this game at the high school where I work as a paraprofessional since I am not currently in a teaching position. I made up some "destination" cards (index cards with names of geographical places recently discussed in ALE Civics and World History and placed them on the students desks. Using the teacher's edition, I asked review questions to two students at a timeas they stood by their desks.The student who answered the question correctly was able to move on to the next desk or "destination" in an attempt to make it "Around The World". The students reflected that it was a more interesting, attention keeping and fun way to review and study for their test, and everyone did well the next day! My only regret is that I didn't bring my camera with me that day. I can't wait to have my own classroom to develop more games to play to enhance student learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers